Friday, November 2, 2007

Wild Mushroom Risotto

This is a somewhat classic risotto, not complicated and down to earth - quite literally. The wild earthy aromas do have a slight heady aphrodisiac effect, so be careful who you cook this for.

See what wild mushrooms you can get at your food market, I used a combination of 3 different mushrooms, namely; Shiitake, chanterell, and Boletus Luteus(slippery jacks). All were dried, so soaking was obviously required.

Refer to my 'Prawn Risotto' for cooking guidelines. Enjoy!

No comments:

What is this?

This is my little spot where I like to keep track of the recipes I love and have conquered. Sometimes it won’t change, and at other times I’ll be posting new recipes when they arise.

It's really just a recipe book that I know I won’t lose amidst papers and books...For me, for family and friends, for no one in particular. Read it; cook the recipes if you want. Enjoy!

Simple food doesn't have to be tasteless!