Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Duck Ragu Tagliatelle


Words can't describe how unbelievable this pasta ragu is. The taste of duck is just another dimension.

Ingredients:

Duck - shredded
Olive oil
Salt & pepper
Half an onion
A few carrots - grated
A couple sticks of celery - finely chopped
White wine - dry
Red wine
Tin of plum tomatoes
Sage
Garlic
Pinch of sugar
Parmesan
Pasta - tagliatelle or spaghetti

Gently fry onion, celery and carrots until soft. Add chopped garlic and a few leaves of fresh sage. Stir in a cup of dry white wine and cook until wine has reduced. Add cooked shredded duck meat and a dash of red wine. Cook for a few minutes then add the tine of tomato and season (add a pinch of sugar to balance out the tartness of the tomato).

Leave to cook on a low heat for an hour or more if possible. Serve with freshly boiled pasta and a sprinkling of Parmesan. mmmm....just divine!

No comments:

What is this?

This is my little spot where I like to keep track of the recipes I love and have conquered. Sometimes it won’t change, and at other times I’ll be posting new recipes when they arise.

It's really just a recipe book that I know I won’t lose amidst papers and books...For me, for family and friends, for no one in particular. Read it; cook the recipes if you want. Enjoy!

Simple food doesn't have to be tasteless!