Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Paella for any night of the week



After trying quite a few different recipes for traditional paella, I've come up with a few changes. I hope you like:




Ingredients:

Prawns, peeled
Pinch of saffron threads
Salt to taste
Drizzle of olive oil
Squid and/or calamari
1 onion, chopped
3 big garlic cloves, chopped
peas (as many as you like)
3-5 ripe tomatoes, chopped or tin of tomatoes
2 cups medium grain rice
Chorizo sausage
Paprika - as much as you like
Handful of mussels
Squeeze of lemon
2 or 3 chillies
Big dash of red or white wine
Pinch of Turmeric
Red, yellow and green peppers, diced
Stock - to cover and cook rice
Fish oil


Fry up your onions, garlic and chorizo sausage. Add chopped peppers, chili, paprika, and squeeze of lemon.

Add salt and pepper to taste, a dash of wine and cook a bit.

Add tomatoes - chopped or tinned and rice. Stir to coat rice, and add stock to cover.

Add seafood and peas towards the end of the cooking process, and a dash of fish oil.

Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

What is this?

This is my little spot where I like to keep track of the recipes I love and have conquered. Sometimes it won’t change, and at other times I’ll be posting new recipes when they arise.

It's really just a recipe book that I know I won’t lose amidst papers and books...For me, for family and friends, for no one in particular. Read it; cook the recipes if you want. Enjoy!

Simple food doesn't have to be tasteless!