Monday, October 15, 2007

Capsicum rolls



Cut and roast capsicums/red peppers skin side up until slightly blackened. Pop in a plastic bag to cool and then remove skins. Roll with a basil leaf and some sort of cheese (I used goats cheese and added some artichoke). If they have a thick skin, cut the strips narrower, as you don't want the pepper flavour to dominate. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.





These wonderful bite size hors d'oeuvres/snacks can be eaten hot or cold, warm or just as an accompaniment with a meat dish.

No comments:

What is this?

This is my little spot where I like to keep track of the recipes I love and have conquered. Sometimes it won’t change, and at other times I’ll be posting new recipes when they arise.

It's really just a recipe book that I know I won’t lose amidst papers and books...For me, for family and friends, for no one in particular. Read it; cook the recipes if you want. Enjoy!

Simple food doesn't have to be tasteless!