Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Leek, Potato and Chorizo Soup






This is an old classic with a definite modern twist. The addition of chorizo really sexes it up, creating a completely new flavor and tantalizing with a moreish appeal. Enjoy!






Ingredients:




A few peeled and chopped potatoes

A couple chopped sticks of celery

A couple chopped sticks of leeks (make sure to wash well)
Small piece of finely chopped good quality chorizo

Salt and pepper to taste

Dash of Tabasco (optional)

x1 cup milk

x1 clove of garlic

x1 onion

x2 cups of vegetable stock


Fry onion, chorizo and garlic in nob of butter. Add chopped vegetables and simmer for 5 minutes. Add stock and a cook for 1 hour. take off the heat and add a cup milk (to your required thickness) then liquidise. I left mine slightly thick and chunky and served with some hot buttered rye toast.

No comments:

What is this?

This is my little spot where I like to keep track of the recipes I love and have conquered. Sometimes it won’t change, and at other times I’ll be posting new recipes when they arise.

It's really just a recipe book that I know I won’t lose amidst papers and books...For me, for family and friends, for no one in particular. Read it; cook the recipes if you want. Enjoy!

Simple food doesn't have to be tasteless!