Monday, October 8, 2007

Pasta Clintonio


This is a favorite pasta dish named aptly after it's maker - my man. As only he can cook this so well, I've left this one to him. The simplicity of the flavours are perfect - just be careful not to add too much chili as it can 'cut' this meal, also make sure to cook it long enough to round off the flavours.




Ingredients:

Splash of olive oil

Good quality Chorizo - a few inches (depending how strong it is)

x1 onion

x1 tin of chopped tomatoes - or a fresh

Handful of basil

A few chilies

x2 Garlic cloves

salt & pepper to taste

x1 tsp brown sugar

Pasta of your choice - linguine or twirly pasta is good

Dash of red wine - or more




Slice and fry chorizo until browned, remove from pan and add onion to chorizo oils. Fry until soft and add chopped garlic and chopped chillies. Once flavours are all mixed add tin of chopped tomato and tsp of sugar, turn down heat and let simmer for 10 minuets. Add red wine and salt & pepper and leave to cook down for at least an hour.

Cook pasta until al dente, drain and add sauce to pasta (optional, as it can be served on top of the pasta) stir in the sauce and serve. Grate fresh Parmesan over the top and sprinkle chopped basil (optional).


No comments:

What is this?

This is my little spot where I like to keep track of the recipes I love and have conquered. Sometimes it won’t change, and at other times I’ll be posting new recipes when they arise.

It's really just a recipe book that I know I won’t lose amidst papers and books...For me, for family and friends, for no one in particular. Read it; cook the recipes if you want. Enjoy!

Simple food doesn't have to be tasteless!