Monday, December 24, 2007

Thai Fish Cakes

A good fish cake, with the right texture and the right flavour is something to behold. I prefer small, mini fish cakes as they are an ideal starter/finger food/hors doeuvre.

An important aspect of good fish cakes is the sauce that they are accompanied by. A sweet and sour, tart sauce usually goes well and accentuates the taste as a whole. Add chillies and coriander to the sauce and gourmet is the word you're looking for.

Ingredients:

Line fish or haddock - chopped
Coriander - chopped
Fish oil/Sauce
Red curry paste
Salt and pepper
x1 Egg
Dash of soy sauce

Mix all ingredients and make small little patties/balls, set aside and heat oil in pan. On a medium heat, fry fish cakes on both sides and serve with dipping sauce

Dipping sauce: (mix all ingredients)

Coriander - chopped
Splash of rice vinegar
A couple pinches of sugar
A big dash of soy sauce

No comments:

What is this?

This is my little spot where I like to keep track of the recipes I love and have conquered. Sometimes it won’t change, and at other times I’ll be posting new recipes when they arise.

It's really just a recipe book that I know I won’t lose amidst papers and books...For me, for family and friends, for no one in particular. Read it; cook the recipes if you want. Enjoy!

Simple food doesn't have to be tasteless!